Thursday, September 26, 2013

No good, very bad day.

Apparently bad days exist in Italy, too...

It all started when I woke up.

I actually felt really good! I slept in until 8:30 when I had to be in class by 8:50 ( I did this intentionally, so it was fine). I met Braxton outside of my apartment, and we walked to the Ufizi museum together because that is where we all met for Leonardo class this morning. We waited in line for about ten minutes or so, then finally got inside. Braxton and I just went to the Ufizi by ourselves the other day, and have been excited to go with our class so that our teacher could explain some of the artwork to us. 

We get to the very first painting, standing around it for about five minutes while my teacher rants about it, and there I am, taking notes religiously. I started feeling a little queasy so I kinda walked around from one end of the painting to the other, still taking notes, and trying to get my mind off of me not feeling well. It helped a little. We go to the next room to a painting that I was specifically interested in learning about, and I really start feeling sick, but I just crouch down and take notes on my lap while the teacher continues to talk. She looked down at me asking if I was okay several times and it was embarrassing cause everyone would look, so I just stood up and once again tried to get my mind off of it. Well...We walked around to the other side of the painting and there it was--

Cold sweats, the feeling of an ice cube melting inside my mouth, blurred vision, tingling limbs, everything that could hurt on my body, did. A lot...
I know the feeling all too well, I was about to pass out. I excused myself from the semi-circle and walked as quickly as I could out of the room found a bench that I'm still not sure was meant to be sat on, and I just crouched down and laid my head on it, and fell "asleep" for a second.--is it possible to be skilled in fainting? Cause I think I am. 
I got up and felt so foggy and numb, it was so weird and so unexpected cause it completely came out of nowhere! I was in the middle of hundreds of tourists, and I felt claustrophobic and just wanted to get out of there, but the nearest stairs were "entrance stairs". I asked the lady if I could go down them and that it was an emergency, and I felt like I was going to throw up. She said "ummm, no. This is an entrance." I again explained that it was an emergency and all she did was make a clicking sound with her mouth, shrug her shoulder, and turn away. 
I was pissed. 

I have had it with the people here, honestly. I have never met such rude people. 
So at that point, I wanted to cry not only cause I felt sick, but because I got a rush of homesickeness due to the stupid cruel people all around me, and because I knew how far away the exit was, since I'd been before. Literally a 15 minute constant fast walk just to get outside the building. So I started on my journey, having to stop to sit down every 2 minutes. I had no idea where the group was, so I just sat at the exit until they got there (I couldn't get my backpack from the front desk until my teacher was with me..) 
Oh and did I mention I puked? I made it to the bathroom on time, barely, thank goodness.

GAHHHH So angry.

After that I still had class, and I didn't want to miss since I'm not very good in the subject. (History of Florence) I was sitting down so it wasn't so bad, but I felt so drowsy. I came home after, took a two hour nap, then decided to take another nap right through my Italian class..So I missed that. But I'm okay with it, I think it was much needed. 


All I can say is thank goodness for this giant box of candy from my mama. And Dillion.


No comments:

Post a Comment