Thursday, September 12, 2013

WAKE UP CALL

Today was filled with some very dramatic events.. 
I woke up at about 11:00 AM, which felt fantastic by the way, and saw that I had a text from Braxton. I read it and it says, 

"So I guess we got broken into last night..."

      And that's all it said. He was already at class at that time without wifi, so I couldn't get anymore information from him. So I got out of bed, got dressed, and pretty much ran to the school to see if I could get anymore information. I ran into Dan who lives next door to Braxton, but he had heard nothing about it. He was worried though so he called one of Braxton's roommates, who also apparently didn't know about it. So I get the thought that they had played a trick on me which pissed me off and relieved me at the same time! But unfortunately when Braxton got out of class, we find out all the details and suddenly it's the talk of the school. They got broken into while they were home! Luckily, one of his housemates sat up which startled the guy, and he ran out. They're all pretty terrified about it. We all are! Tonight we bolted the door locked and double checked every door and window.. It's kind of scary. They warned us that this stuff would happen but it always seems like a extra safety type thing, but it really CAN happen! But the good thing is, everyone is safe, everything is safe, and they are getting new locks and will start being a lot more cautious-as will the rest of us! We're all scared to sleep tonight. Especially all the guys! 
But enough with the scary stuff, hopefully no more info like that has to be put on the blog!

       Another "event" that happened today was the realization that we are here for school. It's weird pulling homework out of your backpack and feeling swamped with so much crap to get done, when this whole time we've felt like we're on a huge vacation. That's not the case... I haven't had homework like this in a while, but it should be fun. I lucked out with my teachers! Oh my goodness, they are all so great and smart and funny and very passionate about what they're teaching, I'm super impressed! It makes hard work seem less like work. And living in the place we are learning about makes it a lot better too. So even though a big wake up call on why we're here hit today, I still can't fathom how lucky I am to be here.

But, we all say things like
"Yeah you got robbed, but you got robbed in ITALY!"
"Yeah you got stitches, but you got stitches in ITALY!"
"Yeah you have homework, but it's homework in ITALY!"
Etc...

And it's very true. We're lucky to be here! 


No matter how many times we pass it, seeing the Duomo never gets old. I'ts BEAUTIFUL!
Waiting in line to go see the original David.. Found out the wait
was two hours so we left. We'll definitely be back later!
 As great as the Italian food is, I need my favorites. We went grocery shopping and I was able to find every single favorite food, which made me feel right at home! 
Yogurt with fruit and granola

Soy milk


Isagenix shake, of course!
Crackers with cheese, lunch meat, and pickles
Here's one of my outfits.. One of the funnest parts about being here
is being able to dress up everday! You won't find one person looking over casual
walking the streets. It's fun for a wannabe fashionista like myself!



1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh how scary! Glad you guys are ok. On the up side, that makes a good story haha

    ReplyDelete