Saturday, September 7, 2013

Last day in Pietresanta and FINALLY FLORENCE

Well well well...

Braxton and the boys did this "last supper" pose on our last day at the hotel.
Oddest thing of my life.

Saying bye to Pietresanta by taking one last walk


A few events have happened since last post, so I figured I should fill you in.
Things got pretty busy in Pietresanta, and wifi got kind of crappy, so it was difficult to keep up with things back home, and impossible to connect with my computer--though the business alone was enough to keep my mind off of home!
So Tuesday night after the long day at Lucca, we went back to the hotel to study for our quiz the following morning.. So Wednesday, we went to school, took the quiz, had class, then went back to the hotel and got a quick snack and hopped back on the bus to head up to the Alps. We went on a tour through the cave up there and it was BEAUTIFUL! I don't have pictures yet, but I'll put some up soon.
The next two days consisted of a lot of cramming and test taking. I did pretty well on every test and quiz, and see the results to my final tomorrow. I'm kinda nervous about it!

As sad as we were to leave Pietresanta and the amazing people we befriended there (It's 2 AM, so I'll make this quick) we're FINALLY in Florence now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO!!

I'm currently laying in my bed, in my fully furnished bedroom, with my clothes unpacked, with perfect wifi, and it feels nice. I feel settled, and I feel a lot better. Seriously our apartment exceeds my previous expectations by miles-it is perfect and huge and so adorable, and my housemates are lovely as well. Braxton's apartment is a 2 minute walk straight up the street from mine, and his is nice as well. We really have had such a great experience with AIFS and their accommodations so far. Anyone wanting to study abroad, I strongly recommend this program!
Florence is unreal. Literally, it looks unreal. It is the opposite of Pietresanta, it's a bigger city than I expected and there's cobble stone and tourists everywhere! It feels like we're in Italy now, and it's so surreal. I can't wait to explore the area more and get to know the city. I'm loving it!

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment