Friday, September 13, 2013

FIESOLE

Today has been odd. 
It's Friday, which is the first day of our weekend since we only have school Monday-Thursday (with the exception of random Friday class field trips), and I. Have. Been. So. Sick...
Braxton and I signed up for the optional activity to take a short trip to Fiesole for the day. It is a little outskirt of Florence, with even more ancient architecture than there is here! It was really little, but beautiful. We had to leave at 9 AM which sucked because I woke up in the middle of the night and just felt so much pain everywhere. In my back, my stomach, I felt congested, and I had the most intense pounding headache. I considered texting Braxton telling him to go without me, but I made a pact with myself before I left (knowing I get sick quite often), that no matter how sick I feel I will go to every excursion. We're only here once and I don't want to miss anything. So I went back to bed until my alarm went of at 8:00AM, and even though I felt worst then than I did before, I got up and got ready to go. 

We had to walk about a mile to the bus stop where we all met up as a group with one of our awesome staff ladies, Felica. She brought us on a jam packed bus, and we had to stand and cling tight to our bags because of pick pocketers with one hand, and keep ourselves from falling over with the other for about a half hour until we arrived. We got off the bus and walked... and walked...and walked...and walked up the biggest steepest hill of all time (we seem to do this a lot), and I regretted being there so bad. I wasn't saying a word, I could hardly see because my pounding headache turned into a full on migraine, I felt so nauseated..It was bad. But then we got to the top of the hill
and we got this amazing view of Florence... It was absolutely breathtaking. Pictures never do anything justice, but here's at least a taste of what I got to see today! That big building is the Duomo, in case you're not familiar with it.

      We sat and took pictures and just stared at the view for a few minutes, then we continued to explore the little town of Fiesole. Only a couple more minutes up the steep hill there was a church that is still in use today, but is also open for people to come walk through. It was little and really pretty, and different than the cathedrals and other massive churches we have been to. This one was smaller and simpler, but to me, had cooler stories than the others. I won't tell any of the stories here, but Braxton takes notes everywhere we go which is awesome 'cause we'll always remember the cool things like this. It will do wonders for his History teaching career as well! 
We went down to the bottom of the hill afterward and saw where the people use to bathe and it was actually really neat, then we went to a museum in the area that had some beautiful sculptures and little artifacts, and then.. FOOD! 

      We walked DOWN the hill (thank goodness) for about 15 minutes to an adorable cafe, where we had the most amazing brunch I have ever had in my entire life. There were items from bruschetta, to scrambled eggs, to roast beef, to lasagna, fruit, dessert, proscutto, salad, and a new favorite of mine, cheese WITH honey. SO GOOD! 
I just had some scrambled eggs, some bread, and obviously the cheese with honey. I downed the eggs like there was no tomorrow since they are never anywhere to be found out here! I haven't had one single egg since I left St. George, and they are my favorite so that was very very fun. Plus, there was meant to be 15 people on this trip, but only 6 of us ended up going, so we got plenty. It feels cool being one of the few that actually got up to go, it's been that way a lot with Braxton, me, and our little group of friends. I think that's why we all clicked so well--because we are all here to learn and have these kinds of experiences rather than to go party every night til 4 AM.

      ALMOST DONE! 

      We had our food babies while we walked back to the bus, and got home around 3:15 or so. Me and Braxton both came back to my apartment and crashed. We both just fell asleep on the couch for two hours, then woke up, then I fell asleep in my bed for another half hour. Then we went to Braxton's house and he did homework while I slept, and now I'm back home in bed, about to go to sleep... I am so exhausted. And this migraine is really getting the best of me!
But on the positive side, I get sick alllllllll the time-so considering that, I have been doing pretty well out here! Headaches have been pretty consistent, but there's always a pain killer for that, so I'm happy and consider myself lucky! It must be the Product B. ;) Thank goodness for Isagenix out here. 

Seriously though.

Okay time for more sleep. 
Goodnight!
Or I guess Good Morning to all my fellow Americans!
 XOXO 

No comments:

Post a Comment