Thursday, September 19, 2013

Time to wind down....


Am I allowed to "Vlog" on a Blog?? Well, I'm going to start doing just that. Here's a super casual attempt at making a video of our day. It was originally just made for a friend back home, but I kinda wanna keep doing it. They will be cool to look at later! So here's the link to that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPxwTUX0lKw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUsL0T9OOsk7KbtCZ3ebUwpw


Anyway, things have been great here! I'm getting a little tired of the food here, and feeling like I constantly need to be out doing something. (Well, I don't feel that way but my friends do, which makes me feel like I have to feel that way....make sense? haha) But today I stayed in basically all day long, I'm pretty sick so I had a good reason for it-I even had to miss a class, which sucks. But everybody here seems to have come down with some flu type thing, so I figured it was best to rest before it gets any worse. Plus my foot is like twice its size and it hurts pretty bad. But other than those minor things, this week was a great week and it FLEW by!

Thursday is our friday, and I'm excited to just wind down and relax for a while, maybe visit a couple museums...

I was talking with some friends from home, trying to explain what it's like being out here. And to be honest, it's a lot like being a toddler who can't read or communicate- constantly trying to learn and grow. Everything is new, everything is fascinating and intriguing! In a lot of ways, it is such a cool feeling! But I can't blame the toddlers for crying as much as they do, cause man oh man it is difficult. Even going out to dinner can dish out so much anxiety because even that doesn't come natural, even that isn't relaxing. It's hard! I guess it's culture shock, maybe? When people warned me about culture shock, I didn't really know what it meant exactly, but I think I do now. It has its upsides and downsides, but it's pretty simple to focus on the ups because it's amazing being out here!

OH! BRAXTON AND I BOOKED A TRIP TO MUNICH!!!!!!!! We are going to the first concentration camp, which is something I've always wanted to do (look it up, I don't want to butcher the spelling, haha) and we are going to be able to visit so many different places and I can't wait! It's not until the very last weekend that we are here, so November 28th is when we leave, I believe, and we are gone for three days. The actual package that we booked is a Christmas themed one, because there is a huge Christmas event that goes on there at this time apparently. So that's what I'm most excited about. It'll be nice to feel the holiday season out here! It seems so far away, but it'll sneak up on us for sure.

My migraine is forcing me to go now, so bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment