Wednesday, October 9, 2013

HOT DRINK WEATHER

My favorite thing in the world is drinking my calories! Especially right now because it's HOT DRINK WEATHER! WOOT WOOT! 

Yes. The cold weather is here, and I hate it. But don't worry, I'm layering my body with the warm cozy fat from the wonderful treat that is hot chocolate. K, honestly. The hot chocolate here is like a freaking melted brownie! It's so thick and rich and to die for. I get it everywhere for every meal. Not to mention I found the "Starbucks of Italy"! It's called Arnold's coffee, or the "American Coffee Experience", and it's definitely a wannabe, but it'll do. I went and got a cinnamon chai today, and I'll be back lots. 
It makes for a perfect study place because I'm secluded and alone with no distractions, and I have a treat! And a study place is NEEDED right now. WE. ARE. OVERWHELMED... So incredibly overwhelmed.


                       



I haven't blogged for awhile, so I'm not even sure where to start. I guess I'll start with being overwhelmed:
In the next week, I have to finish (and start) two 8-page essays, a 14 slide powerpoint, and I have 3 mid-terms which I haven't even studied for yet. Its impossible to study! We're in Italy, and constantly swarmed with field trips and events and activities.. I mean, we hardly get sleep at night! They are definitely overbooking us. And in most ways, I'm super grateful for it because we're never bored, and AIFS is an amazing program that makes sure we get the most out of our experience, but at the same time it can just be too much. We're lazy college students and they expect a whole lot out of us.

Something else that is overwhelming me personally, is how rude the people are here. I can't get passed it. They are all cold hearted, terrible people. ( I guess I shouldn't say ALL, cause there's obviously some nice people) but goodness, I am on the verge of tears at least once a day because I am insulted constantly, given weird looks, judged...Or the worst is getting spoken to in Italian because they think I am one, and then I tell them I'm not, and they roll their eyes and walk away. It's like WHAT?! I'm sorry that I LOOK LIKE ONE OF YOU MEANIES. I WISH I DIDN'T CAUSE YOU'RE MEAN!
It's easy to handle at the beginning, but man, it gets to you eventually. It's getting to me now!

NOW LET ME TALK ABOUT  V E N I C E <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
It has been a dream of mine for literally my entire life to go to Venice. Even when I was little, I always wanted to go to "the place underwater". And IT REALLY IS UNDER WATER! I mean, my leather boots are ruined, but this past weekend could have been the most amazing one of my life. It was freezing, and raining the entire time. After a good 20 minutes of consistent rain, the whole city is completely flooded, to the point where you are literally treading water just when walking around on the sidewalks. It's almost miserable, actually. But it's so magical that you don't even realize it! Gosh I can't explain it... It is unreal and completely exceeded my expectations. You all MUST go to Venice at least once in your life. I can't enforce that enough. JUST LOOK AT THE PICTURES THAT I'M GOING TO POST......ON THE NEXT BLOG! (they take hours to load) ----------->


No comments:

Post a Comment