Monday, August 19, 2013

The Day Before.

"Man, oh man" has definitely been my most recent catch phrase. Nothing seems real right now, besides the fact that there has been butterflies in my stomach for the past 48 hours-- that is very real, and I have actually become physically ill because of it. I probably stress more than your average person, and it's not healthy. Or normal. For the past couple months I have basically had the hormones of a pregnant woman (poor Braxton) and have gone from zero to one hundred, then back to zero in a matter of seconds.

Imagine that times one thousand.

That's how it was today. (Again, poor Braxton. Poor everyone.) First thing I did this morning was gargle salt water because of a sudden very sore throat, then I threw up because it was so disgusting. Then I took some Aleve for my sudden pounding headache. Then I calmly wrote down a list of things that needed to be done. It consisted of tasks from figuring out bank accounts, to meeting up with some friends and family to say our goodbyes. Things went pretty well minus the pounding headache and sore throat, which is still going on, by the way. At about noon or so, mama and dad took Braxton and I out to lunch at The Paradise Bakery, which was delicious! Plus it was super cool to hang out with them one last time.
I got the most delicious Cobb Salad and a cup of tomato soup. My two favorite foods. I plan on eating here when I get back home...Haha.
 When we finished lunch plus a couple other errands, I realized it was just about 3:00. Then I realized that I hadn't yet finished packing...Then things weren't so calm. I got home, and I frantically packed. 
AIFS told us to pack as light as possible, which freaked me out. But things seemed to fit pretty well! I filled one huge suitcase to check, plus a carry on, and a backpack. They're all stacked to the top but I'd say I did a pretty good job! 

So I packed... 
Then I unpacked, then I packed again, then I unpacked, then I cried, then packed....Then unpacked and packed again. Then cried some more.
I can honestly say that packing for even a weekend vacation is one of the biggest trials in my life, haha, so you can only imagine how I felt while packing for 3 and 1/2 months! I don't know what the weather is gonna be like. I don't know how fat I'll feel. I don't know what the trends are out there. #firstworldproblems right?? Totally. But it's a toughy.
I needed a break, and the place I always go to unwind is nowhere but the lovely Starbucks! 








It's ridiculous, but this is my favorite place on earth and I'm going to miss it. I've made friends with all the workers, it's super peaceful when I need quiet alone time, and I always cool off (or heat up) here when I just need a break. Not to mention their soy chai tea latte is fab! Oh and thanks to Jordon for the free drink in honor of my last day! ;)  Yum.










Like usual, Starbucks helped. Afterward I visited Braxton's grandparents, Dan, and my best amigo Matthew, then I took a second (or third or fourth....) attempt at packing. Luckily, another best friend Dillion was here to help me out this time around, and I think I finally feel good about everything that is or isn't in my suit case. We'll see how long the feeling lasts!


If I listed every single thing I did today, you'd be bored, and I'd probably fall asleep because I am EXHAUSTED. I am so ready to chill one last night with my family, because as much as I hate to admit it, I am going to miss all of 'em (especially my puppy:) like crazy! 
And obviously I can't spend much quality time with them if I'm sitting here blogging, so until next time... 

GOODNIGHT! XOXO 


Oh just a side note: I absolutely hate how easy it is for guys to pack and all that crap. Notice how Braxton is hardly mentioned. . . He had a pretty chill, normal day. Not fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment