Thursday, August 22, 2013

DRINKS ON DRINKS ON DRINKS

Day 3:

Today has been surreal. 
Well, I'm not really sure what is considered today exactly. I haven't slept, but two days have passed, but I missed a lot of one day... I don't know. I'm tired and we're going to call it day 3. 
Braxton and I arrived at LAX, which is massive, by the way! We hugged my dad goodbye and security actually went a lot smoother than we thought it would. I'd say we got through in about 15 minutes. We got there five hours early... So we waited at our terminal for a long, long time. Then we got on the plane for an even longer time! We met the other students who departed from LAX during the wait, and they are all super nice! It made me really excited.
Our 10 hour over night flight was...bearable. I've never seen a bigger plane! I was literally in shock. There were three rows of three, and two different entrances and it was just incredible! It was such a bumpy ride which always makes me paranoid, and I probably got about 30 minutes of sleep. (Braxton slept the whole time!) But luckily, we got our little personal TVs with a huge selection of movies and tv shows which I definitely took advantage of, and it helped the ride go a lot quicker! 
We arrived in London at 2:00 PM, went through customs, then took a bus to our hotel. We ended up getting here at about 4:00. Everyone somehow fell asleep on the bus, besides me and Brax. The drive was BEAUTIFUL! London is breathtaking, and a lot different than I thought it would be. It's a massive city, but there's a lot of greenery all over the place. I couldn't take my eyes away from the window, and neither could he!



Here is me and m'love on the plane. Our seats weren't next to each other so luckily the nice lady sitting next to him traded me seats. I wouldn't have survived the flight if we were sitting by ourselves! 


We got to the hotel and the AIFS staff that greeted us were way nice. They let us go upstairs and freshen up, and said meet them at the bar at 6:00 for some drinks...And it begins. Haha. We both knew that everyone's idea of a "good time" would be partying and drinks, but I didn't think the staff would initiate it! And only in the first couple hours! But it's okay, to each their own, but we don't drink so we talked with some of the group that we hadn't met yet, then we went on a walk around the city! We walked a few blocks in each direction just to get an idea of the place. Our hotel isn't in a tourist area at all, but it's still beautiful! Something funny we noticed is all the basketball-type courts, that have soccer goals instead of basketball hoops... It's pretty neat! I realized how starving I was, but kinda felt sick at the same time so I just went to a little convenient store and bought some interesting snack foods:



THEY 

WERE
SO, SO
SO
SO
AMAZING!
I definitely made a good choice. And it only cost me 3 pounds. (the currency, not the weight. Although it easily could have made me gain about 3 pounds as well...)

pounds look like this:

Having this money in our hands made it all seem more real. We are not in the United States anymore, and we are DEFINITELY not in Utah anymore! And it's going to be this way for a long, long time! 
I can't explain how grateful I am that Braxton is here with me. I really don't know what I'd do without him... I'm glad we have the standards that we do, and I don't regret the fact that we choose not to drink and party. I feel like we will have a lot more experiences this way, and we will actually remember them too! ;) 



I am a baby and I already miss my mom and dad. And especially texting my mom! I text her all of the time, usually for no reason, and it probably annoys her. I keep pulling out my phone trying to text her a picture of something because I know how much she loves it here! So it's definitely hard not being able to do that, but there's wifi here at the hotel and I can text her and everyone else while I'm here for the next couple days. Hopefully things continue to work out this way! Also, I can't wait for my parents to come out here with us. This is an experience I definitely want to share with them. It's been a great, odd, surreal, emotional day! And I'm tired. So tired. 
So over and out! 

BYE! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment