Friday, August 23, 2013

Marry me, London??

There are no words for how physically, mentally, and emotionally tired I am right now....

Oh my goodness. There's no way that I can post about everything that went on today, but everything about today (besides my bleeding, blistered feet) has been absolutely perfect!
My wonderful temporary roommate Crysta and I woke up ridiculously early this morning. I was up at 3:30 and could not get back to sleep, and she woke up at 5! We didn't know what to do with ourselves so we just started getting ready even though we didn't have to meet the others until about 9:00. It was about seven when we decided we were starving, and since we are staying at a Bed and Breakfast, we just headed downstairs! It was the most beautifully amazing hotel breakfast I have ever seen..
So. Freakin. Amazing.
They had the most fabulous fruit bar, with
different yogurts to go with it. I got tons of grape
fruit, and greek yogurt. TO DIE FOR!
There was also fresh warm bread with nutella,
which I heard was delicious, and different meats
and fried eggs....So perfect.


Oh, my roommate's name is Crysta. She is adorable and we really hit it off! We have so many of the same items of clothes, and she's just so nice and I'm glad I got paired with her. I also met this really nice girl named Susan. I ate breakfast with them this morning! Everybody here is nice and I definitely think I'll make some great friends! I wish I was rooming with Crysta the whole time, but I'm not.. She's in the internship program. I have hardly even talked to the girls I am rooming with so I hope that all goes well. It scares me a little bit, but from what I've seen so far, everybody is great!
Anyway-- after breakfast (and sitting at the table for about an hour and a half) we got on the tour bus. We sat on the second floor, which unfortunately wasn't an open top, but it was still way cool and an experience I've never had before! I took over 100 pictures.....I'll put a couple up, but nothing can ever do London justice! For most of our morning tour we actually got off of the bus and walked, which was cooler than being on the bus. Our first stop was actually my favorite:



BUCKINGHAM PALACE!!!
This is where the royal family lives! Absolutely breathtaking.
I was in awe the entire time. We learned that when that flag on
top of the building is raised, it means the Queen is not home,
and it goes down when she is home! Pretty neat.

Here is me and the girls I mentioned earlier. Susan is
on the left, Crysta in the middle, then obviously, me
on the right!! I love my outfit by the way.....

These guards may have been my favorite part of the whole
thing. They are just so cool, and LOOK AT THE GUN HE IS HOLDING!
Our tour guide said if you even attempt to get past, they'll shoot you. No hesitation.
The guy in the corner is Tommy. He is a very cool guy, and is Braxton's roommate!!


Me and Braxton went and did our own exploring after the tour was over, which was at about noon. We planned on going with some friends, but everyone wanted to do different things, and it was our last day here so we decided to go do what we wanted. They just totally dropped us off in the middle of town, and basically told us to explore and find our way back to the hotel. Haha. It was scary at first but we got the hang of things surprisingly quick! We became very familiar with the Tube (their subway system), and first we decided to eat. Thank you everyone who harassed me to get fish and chips...It was the best thing I have ever eaten!
                          

It's obviously massive, me and Braxton shared, and were still overly stuffed! But it was so worth it.

After, we went and visited the Tower of London, which was incredible and was Braxton's favorite part! They have the world's largest diamond there, it's the size of a fist! We saw where King Henry's wives got beheaded and it was just too cool. It was so big that we couldn't even see everything! Our. Feet. Hurt. So. Bad. But we kept going! We walked to Starbucks afterwards and cooled off and charged our cameras, then decided to go to the British Museum. That was free to get in, and was also too large to get through the whole thing, but it was amazing.


PS..words can't describe how much I love being here with Braxton. All of the History here makes him come alive, as it is his passion and what he wants to do with his life. He'll be the greatest History teacher, he knows about everything, he's taught me so much here, and he just enjoys it and has actually made me enjoy it! This kissing picture was HIS idea, by the way!! He told me he wants to have a picture of us kissing in front of all my favorite places on this trip. Isn't that the cutest? This might be my favorite picture of all time. Someone commented on this picture on Instagram saying I'm living the dream, which is so true! Braxton said coming here has always been his dream, and well, he's always been my dream. So it works out perfectly! 
ANYWAY, I'M IN LOVE WITH LONDON. MARRY ME. I'M IN LOVE WITH BRAXTON. MARRY ME. ANNDDD, I'M EXTREMELY TIRED. AND WE HAVE TO LEAVE AT 3 AM TO FLY TO TUSCANY... SO UNTIL NEXT TIME...CIAO! XOXO

1 comment: